We will discuss the current geopolitical situation, but also about potential threats in the region of our country.
Together with our guests, we analyze the new challenges of the hybrid war and adapt the directions of action for security. The digital transformation comes with associated risks in any field.
Increasingly sophisticated cyber attacks can paralyze a country, no longer needing physical invasion as it was in the past, so cyber security solutions need to be adapted and one step ahead of cyber attackers.
The new geopolitical and social environment places increasing emphasis on the use of digital tools. The online environment has facilitated communication, and social networks have amplified it and launched a new challenge at the highest levels of authority, that of differentiating between information and misinformation. We will discuss with our guests about the solutions we have to combat this phenomenon of fakenews and misinformation.
We will also discuss the state of endowment of the Romanian army, the necessary investments, but also the opportunity to amend the offset law, which can help stimulate the national economy.
Defense Summit #2021 will take place online and will be broadcast live on newsweek.ro (in the Top 10 most read News and Analysis sites in Romania in the ranking published by SATI, with a traffic of over 2.2 million readers unique per month) and on the Facebook page of Newsweek Romania (over 50,000 followers and a monthly impact of posts (reach) of over 5 million people).
Speaker: Sabin Orcan
➜ Solidarity and cooperation within international organizations;
➜ The main potential threats against Romania;
➜ International missions;
➜ Methods to combat misinformation;
➔ Cyber security and 5G connectivity - new important components for the country's security;
➔ New military endowment programs are scheduled to take place in the coming years;
➔ Modernization of the "Mihail Kogălniceanu" air base;
➔ The stage of contracting frigates;
➔ Opportunity to amend the Offset law;
Participation price for the 2021 DEFENSE SUMMIT – Bucharest event for companies, professional associations and employers:
– 300 EUR + VAT/person;– 250 EUR + VAT/person for more than three persons from the same company.
– Once registered, the organisers will contact you with an invoice detailing the total amount due. Payment must be made in advance of the event via a bank transfer.
– Please send us a copy of the Payment Order at: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Just filling in the form does not automatically result in the reservation of the place. The reservation becomes valid only after full payment of the participation fee.
– Registration fees are non-refundable unless the organisers cancel the event due to unforeseen circumstances. If you are unable to attend you can nominate a colleague to attend in your place. The name(s) will need to be sent to the organisers in advance of the event.
– By completing the registration form you are agreeing to SC News International SA using your data for the organisation of the event. If you do not want to receive any information or updates about the event you can opt out by contacting us directly: email@example.com or call 0374.002.381/0374.002.382